- General Adult Psychiatry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Fixed Term 6 Months from commencement
- Knowsley Resource and Recovery Centre
- £76,761 - £103,490
- 22/02/2018 23:59
North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (formerly known as 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust until 1st April 2017), provides physical health, mental health and learning disability services across the North West region. The Trust employs around 4000 staff across our sites and also has a Temporary Bank which offers the flexibility of working shifts around other commitments.
We are committed to providing safe, compassionate care and look to appoint people who are as passionate about patient care as we are.
Location: Knowsley Resource and Recovery Team, Whiston Hospital
We are delighted to offer an exciting role for a Fixed Term Recovery Team Psychiatrist
Who should apply?
Are you a dedicated psychiatrist trained in General Adult Psychiatry?
Would you love to work with a group of highly dedicated and friendly colleagues?
Are you keen to take a leadership role in a vibrant and busy recovery team?
If you answered yes to the above questions, this role may be just what you’re looking for…
With a commitment to your own personal and professional development, this role at North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust will give you an opportunity to explore a role in clinical Psychiatry.
You will gain access to….
Medical Leadership Programme open to all consultants quarterly events with external speakers
- An excellent Medical Education department with strong links to the Universities with opportunities for teaching, training and Honorary Lectureships
- A dedicated research and audit department highly active in clinical trials
- Excellent working relationships between consultant colleagues, management and clinical staff at all levels in the Borough
- Several remunerated Medical Educational and Leadership roles
Candidates wishing to work flexible hours are welcome.
Applicants without GMC registration are welcome to submit an application, but please note that it is essential to have full and valid GMC registration prior to commencing in post.
Duties of post
Clinical Leadership to Knowsley Recovery Team
Teaching, training and supervision to trainees
We would be delighted to discuss the posts further with you on the telephone numbers provided.
We are delighted to offer a range of great benefits for our people and hope that you agree, some of these benefits will make a real difference to your working day!
- Free 24 hour access to our Health and Well-being Centre and Gym at the Hollins Park site, including tai chi and pilates classes.
- Access to the NHS pension scheme. • The opportunity to access a range of NHS discounts, such as the NHS Electronics Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Car and Bikes for Staff Schemes.
- Regular supervision and access to a range of training courses at our Education Centre.
- Access to our Library at Hollins Park House, providing resources to support you in your development and/or research.
We expect candidates to detail all previous posts in their applications’ This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is £47.50 for an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary. We are committed to the delivery of outstanding care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate both our Trust values and our culture of compassionate care.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01925 664416