- Peer Support - Trust Wide
- Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (job share considered)
- Hollins Park
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum pro rata
- 12/07/2020 23:59
Do you have experience of using mental health services? Would you like to use your experience to help others?
Do you have experience of providing peer support, leading and supporting colleagues?
At North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust we are committed to making sure that lived experience is valued and represented in our workforce and are looking to develop our network peer support to do this.
We have an exciting opportunity for a person with lived experience of using mental health services to join our trust wide peer support team as a Senior Peer Support Worker.
The role will involve you:
- Supporting peers and clinical teams to embed intentional peer support as on offer in clinical teams
- Facilitating and supporting the expansion of peer support worker roles within the trust
- Providing high quality supervision, training and employment support to peer support workers.
- Working alongside Involvement Scheme Leads to identify peer support placements to promote experiential learning and skill development for those interested in seeking formal peer support roles in the Trust.
- Working with clinical teams to prepare them for the introduction of peer support workers
- Providing specialist peer support worker input into clinical service planning, development and evaluation.
If you are willing to share your own experiences with others, can inspire hope and belief that recovery is possible and act as a recovery champion - empowering our service users and peer supporters to achieve their hopes, dreams and goals then why not apply for this exciting new role.
Peer support workers will receive support and training to enable them to carry out the day-to-day duties of the post and as employees of the Trust, will have full access to our staff health and wellbeing offer, including counselling, supervision and other occupational health services.
This role is full time, 37.5 hours per week, we are happy to consider a job share.
This post is subject to an enhanced check with adults barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is £47.50, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Kirsty Simpson, Peer Support Lead